Enable Google and Twitter login (OAuth)
- Google: https://meta.discourse.org/t/configuring-google-oauth2-login-for-discourse/15858
- Twitter: https://meta.discourse.org/t/configuring-twitter-login-for-discourse/13395
- Facebook: https://meta.discourse.org/t/configuring-facebook-login-for-discourse/13394
- GitHub: https://meta.discourse.org/t/configuring-github-login-for-discourse/13745
Research how to embed content from Discourse into EOL
- This will be important if we want to show “discussions” taking place in Discourse on taxon pages
- We will need some sort of convention on how to link the two; perhaps putting the taxonID in the subject of the post?
- This is not an MVP requirement, and should be D&R’d
Research single sign-on
- See https://meta.discourse.org/t/official-single-sign-on-for-discourse/13045
- This is not only an MVP requirements, it may not be a requirement at all if we decide to make it a policy to move toward OAuth authentication to EOL as the sole means of establishing an account on EOL and its related sites. NOTE that this means we will need to figure out how to enable OAuth for editors.