500 error when doing searches

Every search I try returns Internal Server Error (500). See attached screenshot. Is this website not working or am I doing something wrong?

h

1 Like

Just wanted to add on and say that I’m experiencing this issue as well - both with the web search and the classic API. The example below uses the sample provided on the classic API documentations page:

I’m having the same problem. At first, I could type in a species name and encyclopedia of life in a google search, get the link, and get to the eol page of that species that way, but now even that doesn’t work. It’s been like this for over a week. I’m starting to miss one of my favorite resources. Wondering what’s going on.

I am having the same issue. In fact the entire site seems to be very slow.

1 Like

apologies for the service interruption, @blovegro , @elaine , @Katherine_Moore_Free , @pondripples ! We’re overdue to upgrade our hosting solution (comparison shopping right now) and have been having trouble with performance and with our search index in the old system. We think we’ve patched it up now, sufficiently to last until the platform is migrated. So sorry about the performance and the errors this month!

Jen

2 Likes