Incorrect Species Photograph

While browsing EOL I noticed that the picture being used for the arroyo chub (Gila orcuttii) profile picture is actually not of an arroyo chub, but rather a fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas). How do I know this, well beyond the morphological features, I know because it is one of my photos from iNaturalist that was originally identified as an arroyo chub, but upon close inspection was re-identified (properly) as a fathead minnow.

That being said, you are more than welcome to use one of my many other arroyo chub photos as the species profile pic! This one, or maybe this one, or any of my other iNat arroyo chub photos would all be good options as they all show the morphological features which differentiate the two similar species.

Thanks,
Z. Abbey

Ah, thanks for reporting, @Zabbey. We need to re-harvest iNaturalist to get the updated IDs and recent additions. It’s such a large resource we’ve been having trouble getting ready to calculate the difference from our old copy and make the update. I’ve selected a different photo for Gila orcuttii in the meantime. Hopefully we’ll have yours available in the page gallery in a month or two.

Thanks for your patience!

Jen