Way to edit aggregated content?

I was doing some research on the taningia danae, and under habitat it lists ‘city’ and ‘house’ as inferred data from wikipedia… Obviously as this is a deep sea squid, these are inaccurate. How to go about fixing that? And why is EOL pulling information from Wikipedia?

Thanks for that error report, @LeapinLemurs83 ! It is the fault of our textmining code. We’ve been filtering out errors based on unlikely and “easily misinterpreted” terms for several years. As you spotted, the dataset still includes some problematic records. Actually, I suspect these are old, and should have been deleted several revisions ago, but I will investigate.

Wikipedia is among our most trusted sources- their text is well referenced and curated by a large and dedicated community. They also cover a wide range of languages for which other sources are very hard to come by, though at this point we only text-mine from English wikipedia.

Thanks again,

Jen

Thanks again, @LeapinLemurs83 ! We’ve managed to clean up the out of date records for this dataset and the errors you reported have been removed.

Jen